Northrop Grumman Corporation is a global defense company headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia. Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems develops a broad range of systems at the leading edge of space, defense and electronics technology. The sector is a leading developer of military and civil space systems, and currently employs about 9,000 at the Space Park campus.
Space Park comprises 160 acres, with 50 buildings totaling 4.7 million square feet; 40% is devoted to Research and Development and 17% to highly specialized
Participants will tour the James Webb Space Telescope, which is a key program for NASA and the scientific community (central to the nation’s ground- and space-based astrophysics program). Northrop Grumman is the observatory contractor, responsible for three of four observatory segment elements and observatory integration. Also included will be a visit to the NGENUITY in Motion exhibit, a unique interactive exhibit intended to provide visitors with an up-close-and-personal look at Northrop Grumman’s rich heritage.
- Space is limited
- Must register by April 5, 2019
- On-site registration will not be accepted
- You must be a U.S. citizen to attend
- Government-issued photo ID is required
- Attendance is subject to final approval by the host facility
- No cameras, videos, note-taking, sketching, texting or phone use of any kind
- Closed toe shoes only; no high heels
- No luggage, backpacks, bags, etc. allowed